Why should you come to work for the Department of Labor & Industry?
It’s about the people, the work we do and our mission to protect the well-being of Montana’s workers, employers and citizens and to uphold their rights and responsibilities. It’s about the impact we make in our communities every day. We are proud of our open, team-based, supportive and collaborative work environments. Learn more about DLI HERE.
What other benefits can you expect from this opportunity?
Look HERE for a summary of our outstanding benefits. You’ll love what you see! Our benefits include:
How would this position make an impact in your area?
We are seeking a dynamic leader whose strong leadership and supervisory skills will guide and energize an amazing team of Workforce Consultants on their mission to positively impact the area economy through their service to the businesses and clients they serve in communities throughout Gallatin, Park, Madison, Sweet Grass, Meagher and Wheatland counties.
As the Manager of Job Service Bozeman, you will:
- Provide impactful leadership in all aspects of personnel management.
- Supervise the administration of a variety of federal and state Job Service functions including monitoring fiscal and client outcome performance of workforce training programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with local, region and state team-members, businesses and community partners.
- Ensure that services are well aligned with area business workforce needs by developing and maintaining partnerships.
- Establish and maintain high quality standards of employment services and career guidance to workers and job seekers provided by your team.
In other words, you will help put your staff, clients and business partners on a path to success!
What makes you the right person for this opportunity?
Your preparation for this opportunity could include a combination of relevant experiences including a degree in a field such as business, human services, education, psychology, human resources, public administration, social work and two years of related experience or possibly no degree but 6 years of relevant experience that has prepared you for this opportunity. Other combinations may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge of (or ability to learn in a reasonable amount of time:
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes assessing customer needs, meeting quality standards for service and evaluation of satisfaction of clients, businesses, communities served as well as internal customers.
- Business management principles and practices involved in planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques and coordination and management of people and resources.
- Principles of leadership, supervision, performance management, delegation and management techniques, budgetary and organizational methods.
- Customer Service
- Active Listening – Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively and appropriately.
- Emotional Awareness – Managing one’s own emotions and working effectively in an environment where varying personalities and emotions directly impact internal and external customer outcomes.
- Motivation – Effectively energizing individuals and teams to achieve outcomes in timely and professional manner.
- Coordination – Adjust actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Negotiation – Bring others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Leadership – Leading staff of varying levels of ability and commitment to reach operational goal and adapt to ongoing change and growth opportunities.
- Work effectively in a multi-program team environment and to demonstrate initiative and accountability to maintain a high level of team and individual productivity independently.
- Maintain professionalism that reflects emotional maturity even in volatile and difficult circumstances, resulting from change or unanticipated challenges.
- Focus efforts and energy on successfully attaining clear, concrete, accurate, timely and measurable outcomes of importance to the customer.
- Approach change in a positive manner and find ways to help staff through change in a positive manner. Work effectively and productively in an environment of frequent change and ambiguity.
- Communicate information and ideas in a manner that others will understand and that reflect the role of this position as a leader.
How would you let us know that you’re the right person?
Submit a cover letter and resume. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Materials submitted but not requested will not be considered in the selection process.
In your cover letter please address the following question:
- Job Service Bozeman works with a variety of clients including; community influencers, elected officials, educators, business owners, and a broad spectrum of individual job seekers ranging from high-level professionals to individuals with significant barriers to employment. Please share the experience you have that indicates your previous success in leading a team in providing world-class customer service while working with a broad spectrum of clients.
In your resume, include all work experience you have held that would help you qualify for this position, including duties and dates of employment (month & year - start & end). Starting pay is based on relevant education and experience. Pay is set based on what you submit at time of application.
A complete state application is not required; however, you will need to initiate the application and attach the cover letter and resume in order to be considered for this position. Failure to attach the cover letter and resume will result in your application being considered incomplete.
All documents for Veteran or Disability preference must be received or date stamped by the closing date. You will receive an email with instructions on how to submit such documents.
If you need an accommodation with the application process please contact the HR office.
Applicant Pool Statement: If another department vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may be used for the selection.
Training Assignment: This agency may use a training assignment. Employees in training assignments may be paid below the base pay established by the agency pay rules. Conditions of the training assignment will be stated in writing at the time of hire.
Job: Community/Social Services
Salary: $50,518.00 - 65,676.00 Yearly
Benefits Package Eligibility: Health Insurance, Paid Leave & Holidays, Retirement Plan
Number of Openings: 1
Employee Status: Regular
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 15% of the Time
Primary Location: Bozeman
Agency: Department of Labor & Industry
Union: 000 - None
Bargaining Unit: 000 - None
Posting Date: Feb 21, 2020, 9:20:01 AM
Closing Date (based on your computer's timezone): Mar 5, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
Required Application Materials: Cover Letter, Resume
Contact Name: Office of Human Resources | Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Contact Phone:(406) 444-3710
The State of Montana has a decentralized human resources system and each agency is responsible for its own recruitment and selection process. An employee or applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation during the application or hiring process should contact the state agency human resources staff identified on the job listing as soon as possible or use the relay service by dialing 711. Montana Job Service Offices also offer support services including assisting applicants with submitting online applications.
Montana State Government does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, or sexual orientation), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, creed, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, retaliation, or any other factor not related to the merit and qualifications of an employee or applicant.