Request for Proposals (RFP) for TechHire Workforce Development Pilot Projects
MT TECHHIRE INITIATIVE – COMMUNITY PILOT PROJECT FUNDING OPPORTUNITY:
The Montana Department of Labor & Industry (MTDLI) is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) from eligible Community Partnership Teams (CPT’s) for potential inclusion in a $3.95 million MTDLI TechHire Grant Application to be submitted for funding from the U.S. DOL $100 million TechHire Grant Initiative. To be eligible for consideration, proposals must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. (MT) on February 15, 2016.
A sub-group of the Montana State Workforce Innovation Board (SWIB) will review all eligible proposals and will select three (3) to five (5) pilot projects - representing funding requests of $600,000 to $1,000.000 per proposal - to be included in the $3.95 million MTDLI TechHire Grant Application. The Montana Department of Labor & Industry (MTDLI), in collaboration with the MT State Workforce Innovation Board (SWIB), will serve as the lead applicant and workforce intermediary for the overall $3.95 million grant application, and will have overall fiscal and administrative responsibility for the grant.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) GUIDELINES:
To be considered for inclusion in the MTDLI TechHire Grant Application, all proposals are required to:
- Be carefully aligned with all specifications of the USDOL TechHire Grant Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) as outlined at the following website: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html?keywords=techhire Note: all page numbers referenced below correspond with the pages on this FOA.
- Be submitted by a “Community Partnership Team” (CPT) which includes, but is not limited to:
- Representatives of the 3 “eligible entities” as specified on pages 17-19.
- Representatives of at least three employer partners (or a regional industry association with at least three employer partners) representing H-1B occupations and industries as specified on pages 20-21.
- Representatives of “optional partners” strongly encouraged to be included in project collaboration as specified on page 21.
- Be focused on innovatively:
- Fulfilling the “Program Purpose” as specified on pages 5-8, with special attention to:
- Piloting and/or scaling public-private partnerships to address each of the TechHire Initiative’s five (5) goals as specified on pages 6-7.
- Addressing the three (3) critical design elements specified on pages 7-8.
- Helping participants begin careers in H-1B occupations and industries which are in-demand and/or high growth in the area proposed to be served as specified on page 8.
- Strategically integrating and implementing a combination of training strategies, program activities, and services strategies that support customized interventions for employment and advancement for the targeted participants as specified on pages 9-14.
- Targeting services, education, and training for only one of the two types of populations with barriers to training and employment opportunities as specified on pages 23-26.
- Provide a clear and concise Project Narrative - not to exceed 5 pages – which carefully responds to each of the 6 sections as specified on pages 29-37.
- rovide a Project Budget - requesting funding of $600,000 to $1,000,000 - following the budget specifications as outlined on pages 28-29.
- Provide the “Requested Attachments” as specified on pages 39-40.
- Provide a proposed “Project Outcomes Measures” Table following the suggested format provided on page 68.
- Projects requesting $600,000 must target serving a minimum of 100 participants
- Projects requesting $700,000 must target serving a minimum of 110 participants
- Projects requesting $800,000 must target serving a minimum of 120 participants
- Projects requesting $900,000 must target serving a minimum of 130 participants
- Projects requesting $1,000,000 must target serving a minimum of 140 participants
- Provide a proposed “Project Work Plan” following the suggested format provided on page 69.
PROPOSAL REVIEW CRITERIA:
A sub-group of the Montana State Workforce Innovation Board (SWIB) will review all eligible proposals using the Evaluation Criteria outlined on page 52. Based on this review, the top 3 to 5 proposals will be selected for inclusion as sub-grant proposals within the MTDLI TechHire Grant Application.
|December 14 ||MTDLI initiates MT TechHire Request for Proposals (RFP) |
|December 14 – February 15 ||Community Partnership Teams (CPT) Develop TechHire Pilot Project Proposals |
MTDLI will provide technical assistance with CPT’s to support project development
|* Week of Jan. 4-8 ||MTDLI will Hold a Conference Call for Prospective CPT’s – Date & Time TBA |
|February 15 ||Deadline for CPT’s to Submit TechHire Pilot Project Proposals to MTDLI |
|February 22 – |
|Sub-group of State Workforce Innovation Board (SWIB) reviews eligible proposals. |
|March 1, 2016 ||TechHire Pilot Project Selections To Be Announced |
3 to 5 Projects will be selected for inclusion in the MTDLI TechHire Grant Application
|March 11, 2016 ||The MTDLI TechHire Grant Application Will Be Submitted to US DOL |
* NOTE: MTDLI will schedule a conference call during the week of Jan. 4-8 for prospective CPT’s to be able to ask questions and get guidance to support development of their proposals. The date and time for this call will be announced at a later date. However, to ensure that you receive this announcement, please e-mail email@example.com to confirm your intention to participate in this call.
Annie Glover, Dept. of Labor & Industry, 406-444-1654, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Kirk Lacy, Dept. of Labor & Industry and Montana University System, 406-850-1405, email@example.com
Siri Smillie, Governor’s Education Policy Advisor, 406-444-3188, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Projects not selected for inclusion as one of the 3-5 Pilot Projects in the MTDLI grant application can still be cultivated for other funding opportunities. Additionally, if the MT TechHire grant is not funded, these pilot projects can still be cultivated for future grants or other funding opportunities.